Monday 16 December 2013

Ich bin ein Schwarzkopf


My new Schwarzkopf shampoo is really... schwarz LOL

+   +   +

And, meanwhile, I'm busy rehearsing Schwarz - the Tokio Hotel song -, still trying to figure out how to adapt it for a one-guitar acoustic performance... and learning to play TH songs usually ends up being Hell on Earth, because there are very few decent guitar tabs available (if at all). That's probably because most TH fans don't know a lot about guitar tabs, and the people who DO know a lot about guitar tabs don't waste their time studying Tokio Hotel songs. 

Most times, it's impossible to even find out in which tuning the song is actually played, and every tab you see says a different thing, so, in the end, you just have to figure it of by ear... and Tokio Hotel DO love some tricky tunings, which usually makes it a pretty tough job. Not bad for a band that is not even supposed to write its own music, right?

In the end, I usually just redo the whole thing my way to fit my general idea of what the song sounds like. And that's pretty much what I'm trying to do with Schwarz.

+   +   + 

I'm dressed in black, playing black songs. Everything around me looks black, but not so black anymore. Perhaps there is no way we can get out of this darkness... but we can still try to rule inside it.

+   +   +

Der blick zurück ist schwarz
Und vor uns liegt die Nacht
Es gibt kein Zurück
Zum Glück
Zum Glück
Kein Zurück... 

+   +   +

...and I'm back in black ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment