Thursday 19 December 2013

Guten Morgen, Zimmer!


Good morning, room! :)

*   *   *

Less than a week left for Christmas, and I'm anything but thrilled. Right now, all I can think about is that we have a Christmas dinner to organize, and an epic amount of cleaning to do. If I was disciplined enough, I would have probably already started cleaning one thing a day, but I just CAN'T do that, so, in the end, I think we'll have the typical last-minute-cleaning frenzy. It's a family tradition of sorts ;)

As it's already been happening for the last five or six years of my life, I don't really feel like Christmas is coming. I've never been a fan of Christmas, as a concept. I sort of liked it, back when I was a kid, because I could skip school for two weeks, and because everything was covered in pretty lights. But I guess that's the kind of Christmas magic that fades as you grow old. 

We don't even have our Christmas decorations out yet, and, with the fierce gang of kittens we have at home this year, I'm afraid to even think about how we're going to stop them from tearing our Christmas lights and toy Christmas tree to pieces... but I guess we'll think about that later.

The only thing that reminds me of how threateningly near Christmas is is my festive blak & gold nail polish. I'm wearing it this week, as a rehearsal. It blows my mind to thing that, in just another week, 2013 will be over. Was it a good year? Hell, no! But it was certainly better than 2012, and that's already something. 

Anyway, it's still too early for this sort of year-end analysis...

The thing is I'm still dreading my family Christmas dinner, and that's pretty much it.

At least, I hope that we won't be touching the subject of Catalan politics, because the last thing I want is to spend my evening arguing with Catalan nationalists. But, then again, I don't even know if my aunt & co. are still in that league or not, so we'll just see what happens.

The good thing is I'll get to listen to my specially curated Christmas playlist: five hours of awesome music (NO TRADITIONAL or cheesy Christmas songs included) I associate with my concept of what a magical Christmas atmosphere should be. I'll try to keep my mind focused on that, as I prepare myself to get done with another year. 

There's still a lot of work to do, so I have to get going.

Good night, readers. Try not to dream of Simon Cowell's terrifying man-boobs ;)


*Song included in my Christmas playlist*

No comments:

Post a Comment