Thursday 6 February 2014

The Devil Put This Album Here


He really knows how to put the right things in the right places...

...even if he doesn't always want to.

+    +    +

Yes - you're staring directly at MY own exemplar of TDPDH B)))

Only looking - NO TOUCHING. The red tinted jewel case is so delicate you'd probably scratch it with your unworthy hands.

It's so delicate you could probably scratch it by just looking at it, so you better be really careful.

Bah. Forget it. I'd rather not take the risk LOL

But don't worry - you're still allowed to pay your respects to the most brilliant work of encoding secret messages in album art through the use of tinted jewel cases since Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals - from a prudent distance, of course.

Didn't you miss the times when bands did that sort of fucked up stuff just to puzzle the audience? Man, I think I really did :D

Now that I think of it, we are probably talking about THE most iconinc album cover since the actual Mechanical Animals (hey - it's only taken fifteen years! LOL). If there was any justice left in this strange world of ours, this album would definitely mark a turning point in pop culture (and not just because of its impressive artwork), but of course it won't, because... you know... Daft Punk. And Justin Timberlake. And the fucking Beyoncé.

Whatever.

Anyway, since I'm still a positive person despite all the rage and the bitterness creeping inside me, I still hope that one day humanity will look back at this sterile time of cultural monopoly and reappreciate the few really worthwile things that were made in it. And, when that day comes (probably around the time Jesus Christ decides it's time to make his comeback), this album will be an important relic to have.

How I'm going to store the CD case in order to preserve it in optimal conditions until then is a question I'd rather not think about right now. I'm too busy enjoying the music :D

On the very first day, I celebrated the acquisition by listening to the full album TWICE. And, when I say twice, I mean I pressed play on my discman (yes - you heard that work completely right LOL) and sat walked through it all the way since the first seconds of guitar noise in Hollow till the last glorious chord of Choke, let my ears rest for half an hour, and played it all over again. No track skipping.

It was about 7 am when I finished, and I was very literaly falling asleep, but I couldn't possibly care less.

The funny part is that, now that I finally have the CD, I sort of miss shuffling the album on Spotify mobile LOL 

There is a certain thrill about hearing the album tracks selected at random and mixed with Spotify's own limited selection of stuff from the band's older records (I've already learned to recognize most of those songs by the first seconds of the intro LOL). The randomness and unpredictability of the playlist turn the album into a sort of endless experience, which is something I've grown to love. Even the ads that pop every once in a while give it a certain edge - they make you appreciate the music even more LMAO

But, hey - none of this is really an issue. All I have to do is doubling my daily dose of AIC.

Shouldn't be much of a problem for me.

At least, it hasn't been for the last two days B)

Heh. Heh. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment